Tuesday, May 10, 2016

"MARRIED BUT SINGLE" THE STAGE PLAY







JE' CARYOUS JOHNSON'S PLAY "MARRIED BUT SINGLE"

I have to be honest, my Sunday plan was to just sit at home reminiscing about my mom and trying not to be overwhelm with depression because I miss her so much. But thanks to my good friend Paris Ross, I got invited out to come have brunch at the beautiful Roberts Riverwalk Hotel with her, her mom and her child hood friend actress Lisa Raye McCoy and her mom along with some other friends. Lisa Raye who was in town starring in the all star casted play "MARRIED BUT SINGLE" written by Je' Caryous Johnson, was such a gracious host who had to eventually cut out early to go prepare for her performance at the matinee show of the play. So I headed home and after a brief wind down and a change of clothing I headed out with Paris and crew to the evening show of the sold out play. Je' Caryous Johnson's play "MARRIED BUT SINGLE" having sold out all four engagements at the Music Hall theater starred Lisa Raye McCoy, Chrisette Michele, Clifton Powell, Carl Anthony Payne, La' Myia Good, Robert C. Riley, Terrell Carter, Samson Logan and Skye Griffin and tells the story of a young woman who loves a man who has yet to make a marital commitment to her and when a long lost love re-enters into her life she is torn between who to choose while her man will have to step up and fight if he wants to keep from losing his woman. I have said before that I am not a big play person (movies is my stick...lol) because in reality plays tend to not hold my attention. Well not this play, this play was a good play that kept my interest from start to the finale and mostly because of Carl Anthony Payne's pimp character who kept the entire audience rolling with laughter. Even despite the brief interruption from an altercation by some knuckleheads in the balcony, the show went on after Je' Caryous took to the mic to settle the crowd down. Mr. Johnson did a good job writing the script and with the addition of an all star cast and solid production, you can see why his play was a huge success. I really enjoyed the play and definitely the time spent with Lisa Raye, her family and the rest of the cast and crew at the wrap up dinner, no interviewing just relaxing and enjoying the fun. So if you missed the play this time be sure to catch it if it comes back to your city, definitely worth checking out. I am so happy that my friend had me tag along rather than spend my evening at home alone....Thanks again Paris Ross!!!

This is my life, the life of THE REEL HUSTLER!

No comments:

Post a Comment