Friday, August 18, 2017

SHALAMAR WSG CHRISTOPHER WILLIAMS AT CHENE PARK












TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!
Wednesday was a busy day for me, so therefore I was very close to not making it to the evening Wednesday Jazzy Nights concert series that takes place at the Chene Park amphitheater. But am I glad that I made it, because the Detroit river front theater was rocking with that old school flavor. To start the evening off was soulful crooner Christopher Williams, who sang all his old songs that were huge in the 80's and then a few new songs that he has been working on. The guy still got his strong husky voice that won a lot of females hearts back in the day. Next after a very brief intermission, Shalamar came on stage, whose lineup consist of Howard Hewitt, Carolyn Griffey and guitarist Micki Free. The trio took the nearly sold out crowded theater way back to the early 80's by way of the songs that got them started and then through the rest of the songs that blazed the charts, and they had a bunch of them. Their songs really kinda took me back thru time because they had songs that were hits during my younger fun years. Again I am so glad that I did not miss this show, it was a really good show. The summer is coming close to an end so be sure to take advantage of the few remaining shows at Chene Park. Go to the websitewww.CheneParkDetroit.com to get the schedule and get your tickets for some great shows at one of the premier outdoor venues in the city. Hope to see you there!
This is my life, the life of THE REEL HUSTLER!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment