Thursday, July 14, 2016

PATRICE RUSHEN AT CHENE PARK





RUSHEN OUT THE RAIN

As I set out to what seemed like a perfect evening for my first Wednesday concert of the summer at the Chene Park Amphitheater I was excited because even though I have seen just about anyone you can imagine in concert I had never seen The artist on the roster for the midweek concert series, that being the multi talented legendary Patrice Rushen. But what started out as a gorgeous day would quickly be threatened by a severe thunderstorm with heavy rain that had me contemplating if I was going to make the event or better yet if the show was even going to happen? 

Well my partner and I still rode down to the venue and parked, sitting in the vehicle with the anticipation that the rain would let up but to no avail so when we heard them announcing Ms. Rushen to the stage we knew that if she wasn't gonna let the rain stop her we were not gonna let it stop us. We jumped out and made our way to the entrance and safely under the pavilion to catch her first song hating that I missed the opening act of Detroit saxophonist Yancyy.

To start off her set she went with her classic hit "Number One" and had the mild crowd that was also brave enough to weather the storm on their feet. She then continued to follow up with some of her other classic jams like "Forget Me Nots" and "Remind Me" before going into an all out jam session with her band mates, each a very talented musician. The woman thou is BAD!

So what could have been a wash out night turned into another good time at one of Detroit's premier venues, Chene Park, proving that they are prepared for those rainy nights such as this one and yes the show will go on. Please be sure to check the website link below for more hot up coming shows whether the Wednesday concert series or the Friday / Saturday night shows and take advantage of the riverfront estabilshment...rain or shine.

This is my life, the life of THE REEL HUSTLER!!!

www.CheneParkDetroit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment