Sunday, October 16, 2016

BILAL CONCERT





SUPER SOUL SATURDAY!

You all know that if it is something hot going on in the city of Detroit, THE REEL HUSTLER is gonna pop in. So on a beautiful Saturday evening I stopped in on at the N'Namdi Center For Contemporary Art located in the midtown of the city to check out neo soul singer Bilal who was performing there. I got there later than I had anticipated because traffic was pretty jammed coming through downtown so I missed the opening act which was local artist Charity who I had seen during the summer when she opened for Kem. The young lady can sing so I hate that I missed her performance.  But hey I made it just in time to catch Bilal as he took to the stage and gave a energetic and funky soul session. The concert held at the art venue was a small but intimate crowd  there to see Bilal. The show was powered by Drake Phifer and his Urban Organic group who is known for putting together shows that are smaller than the theater venues but at intimate artsy type locations, but as always they are truly appreciated and well supported by their faithful followers. Had an awesome time....good show!

This is my life, the life of THE REEL HUSTLER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment