Sunday, March 17, 2013

REFINING TO BE A WINNER

From the time I met director Darren Brown in 2006 along with his partner Jay Anthony White for their collaboration on the movie Project 313, I knew this young man had cinematography  skills. In fact during that time I was writing movie reviews and interviews for the magazine Real Detroit Weekly but wanted to start taping my interviews live for a segment that would run on the show Video Go Go and in dire need for a good, reliable camera man I turned to Darren Brown. This guy without hesitation accepted the role, even to the point that I was just starting out with limited to no funds and he still was there to have my back for some of my memorable interviews. These days I most definitely can't afford him  because he's on another level as he is directing videos with some of the hottest hip hop and R&B artists as well as directing full feature films. His latest film Winnerz is a suspense thriller that's already creating a buzz. The movie is scheduled for release in May with a special red carpet screening May 2, 2013 at the AMC Southfield Theater. Please get out and support my friend Darren and his film upon it's release this spring. Keep up the good work Darren!

1 comment: